VALR has implemented a security measure that restricts withdrawal activity for a short amount of time after certain changes have been made to your account on VALR.
Account changes include actions such as changing the email address or mobile number for your VALR account, or resetting 2FA.
When a change is made to your account, you'll be sent each of the following:
- Email to your VALR registered email address;
- Sms to your VALR registered mobile number;
- Push notification to the app.
The email will have the following details:
- The specific change that has been made to your account;
- A notification that withdrawal restriction has been enabled;
- A link you can use to block your account if you don't recognise the account change made.
During the withdrawal restriction period, the following actions will fail:
- Withdraw crypto;
- Link a bank account;
- Create a new API key with withdrawal rights;
You will still be able to withdraw ZAR to an existing linked bank account during the restriction period.
Please see the full list of actions that lead to withdrawal restriction, together with the length of time that withdrawals are restricted below:
|Account Change Action||Withdrawal restriction period|
|New device registration||15 minutes|
|Mobile app registration||15 minutes|
|2FA reset by customer||24 hours|
|Mobile changed via verified VALR Support request||3 days|
|2FA removed via verified VALR Support request||3 days|
|Email changed via verified VALR Support request||3 days|