VALR has added a wallet address book feature that allows users to add and save crypto addresses —making it easier and safer to send crypto to your chosen crypto addresses.
The wallet address book helps achieve the following:
- Save wallet addresses, so it's easier to send to addresses you use regularly.
- Improve security by restricting API withdrawals to only the addresses you've added to your address book.
- Label your addresses for ease of reference.
- Enable the "Restrict Crypto Withdrawal" setting only to allow withdrawals to saved addresses.
How to add an address to the wallet address book?
- Login to your VALR account using the app or website
- Click on your Profile Name/≡ on the top right corner and then click on Wallet Address Book
- Once you click on the wallet address book, you'll see a summary of all addresses that are currently saved in your account (empty address book below)
- Click on the Add new address button and enter the relevant details
- Once you have entered all the details and cross-checked them, click on the Save address button
- An authorization email will be sent to your registered email address with the details; please re-verify it again, and once done, click on the Authorize New Address button in the email
- Enter the OTP or your 2FA code to approve this action
- The address has been successfully added to your Wallet address book
- Next time you try to withdraw the same crypto to a saved address, you can select the address on the drop-down menu and proceed further
- When withdrawing to a saved address, email verification would not be required. However, you would still need to authorize the withdrawal via the 2FA.
- Always copy and paste the address while adding it to the wallet address book to avoid any mistakes.
- Cross-check the address multiple times while adding it and approving the authorization email.