If you have cryptocurrency on another platform or wallet, you can transfer them to your VALR account in a few steps.
Few things to check before sending crypto to VALR:
- Make sure to check if the coin you wish to transfer is available / listed on VALR - You can go to the "Wallets" page on your account and search for that coin.
- Check if the deposit for that coin is active/enabled: If the deposit button is available on the wallet's page for that crypto, it indicates that the deposits are enabled.
- Check the blockchain on which the coin is supported - Once you click on the Deposit button, the supported blockchain will be mentioned below the crypto address.
You can receive crypto from an external wallet to your VALR wallet by following the below steps:
- Go to the Wallets page
- Search for the Crypto you wish to receive in VALR
- Click on the Deposit button
- Scan the QR code or copy the address shown on the page.
- Use this address as the withdrawal address (or sometimes called the send address) when sending from an external wallet.
Confirmations: Most deposits are received within a few mins; however, depending on the coin, the blockchain, and congestion/speed it can take some time for the blocks to get validated. We wait for a certain number of block confirmations before allocating cryptocurrency deposits.
- Please ensure you send the right crypto to the right address. Sending anything other than bitcoin (BTC) to a BTC address, including bitcoin cash (BCH), will result in a permanent loss of your crypto.
- Withdrawing and depositing cryptocurrencies is different from buying and selling. If you're interested in trading one cryptocurrency for another, please look at our trading guide.