Our technical team has been hard at work for several months developing a significant architectural upgrade to the VALR platform so that we can continue to provide world-class service to you. The two main reasons behind this upgrade are:
- Scaling: To ensure we can continue to scale our service as more and more customers join VALR – South Africa’s most rewarding crypto trading platform. (We’ve experienced our highest number of sign-ups over the last few days and weeks)
- Reduced downtime: To minimize system maintenance efforts hence minimizing disruption to customers. This also enables us to roll out features more frequently without pausing our markets.
All The Benefits
Crypto markets are available 24/7. Since launching our BTC/ZAR market in June 2019, we have maintained the highest possible uptime. This upgrade will take us to the next level. The benefits of this upgrade include:
- Greater overall system stability and resilience
- Less need for scheduled system downtime
- More frequent releases of new features
- Ability to scale up the service as demand increases
- Improved performance of our API, leading to faster response times
- Better WebSockets stability for the website, mobile app and the API
- Increased redundancy of our crypto-to-crypto market infrastructure
How will this impact you?
There will be scheduled downtime while we deploy this upgrade. The exact dates and times of the upcoming scheduled downtime will be announced in advance. We will perform the upgrade in stages over the next few weeks to ensure a smooth transition. All scheduled downtime will take place during non-peak hours (e.g., 03:00 a.m. SAST) to avoid interruptions to trading.
As part of our operational policy, we will always resume our services after any scheduled maintenance in Post-Only* mode for a specific period of time. This provides you with the opportunity to cancel any open orders before full trading resumes.
What changes for you?
As this is an infrastructure change, customers will not notice anything visually different.
We are grateful for the continuous support we receive from you, our customers. We are constantly striving to provide you with the best possible trading experience and this upgrade is another step in our commitment to that goal.
If you do not already, you can follow our Twitter handle @VALRdotcom, to receive live updates on any scheduled maintenance. If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to us at email@example.com or on social media.
* In Post-Only mode only cancellations and limit orders which do not match with any other order on the order book are allowed.