The new Shared accounts feature allows you to grant View-only access, Trade access, Crypto withdrawal access, Fiat withdrawal access and API key creation access to your VALR Main or Sub-account to trusted guests. You can now invite guests to access your VALR account or get invited to other customers' VALR accounts.
You can set Approvals for Crypto and Fiat withdrawals initiated by yourself and guests on your account.
If you have selected the option for the withdrawals to be reviewed. Every time a crypto/fiat withdrawal from that particular account is initiated, irrespective if you or the guest does it, you will receive an email notification about the same. You can review and approve/reject the withdrawal request from the Approval Tab under the Main account settings.
Note: The initiator (guest or owner) can reject their own withdrawal requests.
Your guest will only have read/view access to your account. View access will only allow your guest to view your:
- Transaction history
- List of shared accounts
Trade AccessIt will have view permission by default, and additionally, it will allow your guest to perform trades on your account. They will be able to
- Place a simple Buy/Sell order,
- Simple swap order
- Exchange order (Limit, market, and Stop order)
Note: This access won't allow the guest to initiate any withdrawals from the account.
Crypto withdrawal AccessIt will have the view permission by default, and additionally, it will allow your guest to initiate crypto withdrawals to the addresses stored in the wallet address book.
1. If the shared account has been selected for the withdrawal review, the withdrawal initiated by the guest will only be processed once you approve the transaction.
2. Guests can only withdraw to the existing addresses saved in the wallet address book.
3. Guests can't add a new address to the Wallet address book.
Fiat withdrawal Access
It will have the view permission by default, and additionally, it will allow your guest to initiate fiat withdrawals to the existing linked bank accounts.
1. Guests can only withdraw to the existing linked bank accounts.
2. Guests can't add a new bank account.
API Key Creation access
It will have the view permission by default, and additionally, it will allow your guest to create/delete API keys that correspond with their shared access permission.
Note: Currently, the API key permissions are restricted to only View & Trade access and hence can't initiate any withdrawal from the account via API key.
How to Share my account access?
- Login to your VALR account.
- Click on your Profile Name in the top right corner, then click on Shared Accounts.
- Click on "Share your first account".
- Select the account you want to share and set up its approvals.
- Once the shared account set-up is successful, click on "Invite your first guest".
- Enter your guest's email and select the Permissions you would like your guest to have and click on Continue.
- You will receive an email with the link to authorize sharing of your account. Once approved, you will need to enter your 2FA one-time pin.
- Your guest will receive an email to "Approve the invitation" to access your account. Once authorized, your guest will be able to access your account.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Please only share the access with the people you know and trust.
- Every action performed on your account by your guests will be logged and can be in the "Audit Trails" tab under the "Main account" settings.
- You must have 2FA enabled on your account to invite guests and accept invitations.
- You can revoke access to your shared account anytime by going to the "Shared account Tab" under the user profile, clicking on the "Manage" button next to the Shared account, Guest settings, and Remove access.
- If your guest does not have an account on VALR, they will receive an email to create an account before they can accept the invitation.
- VALR Pay transactions are not supported on the guest account.