VALR offers USDC (US Dollar Coin) deposits via SWIFT payment in USD to eligible customers. Note that this service is provided by VALR EU Sp.zo.o (a VALR group company) and is subject to VALR’s terms of service.
To deposit USDC via SWIFT payment, you must first obtain your deposit details (note that each sub-account will have its unique deposit reference number). When you send funds, you should only use the unique reference associated with your account (or sub-account).
How to deposit USD?
- Login to your VALR account via the web (coming soon on iOS and Android)
- Go to the Wallets page and click on Deposit funds
- Under the Fiat tab, click on United States Dollar (USD)
- Select the Deposit method via USD wire transfer
- The beneficiary account details and your unique reference will be displayed on the screen
- Transfer the USD from a bank account in your name via SWIFT to the beneficiary account details provided on the deposit screen
- Your deposit will be allocated once received in our bank account
- No third-party deposits: only send funds from a bank account in your name that matches the KYC information VALR has on record. Sending funds from an account in someone else’s name or a name that does not match the name that VALR has on record may result in significant delays and your funds being returned, excluding the deposit and return fees.
- Minimum deposit: The minimum USD deposit fee is $10; hence, sending $10 or less will result in no funds being allocated to your account.
- Funds should only be sent over SWIFT to the details you find on the VALR UI, either on the web or mobile app. Sending funds to a different beneficiary may result in a permanent loss of funds.
- Use the SWIFT fee code “OUR” to pay both your own and the beneficiary bank fees. Choosing “BEN” or “SHA” may result in deductions and delays to your deposit allocation.
- Sending funds with an incorrect reference will result in allocation delays, and you will need to contact support in order to have your deposit credited.
- You can send funds directly to a sub-account by using the unique reference number for that sub-account.
How much time does it take for the USD to be allocated?
SWIFT transfers can take more than 48 business hours to arrive, depending on your bank and when you send funds. Please be patient while waiting for your funds to arrive at VALR. Sending funds over weekends or public holidays will result in longer settlement times.
VALR charges a deposit and conversion fee for the USD received. You can view our current fees here.