VALR's device registration process can be triggered when you try to log in using a new device, a different browser or even when there is a change in the LTE/Wifi network.
You'll be notified via email whenever this happens.
How to authorise a new device?
- Once you log in via a new device/network on the VALR website, an email will be sent to your registered email to authorise the device.
- Open your email on the same device, network and browser from where the login attempt was initiated and click on the "Authorise this device" button in the email.
- If, in case, you don't receive/have access to your emails on that device, network, and browser, you'll need to copy the authorisation link provided below the "Authorise this device" button and send that link via email or another medium to your new device and paste the link in the same browser.
- Likewise, if you are using a Mailing App, Outlook App, etc, on your device, please ensure to copy the device authorisation link provided below the "Authorise this device." button and paste it in to a new Tab in the same browser from where the Login attempt was initiated.
- Once your device has been authorised, you will be redirected to your VALR account.
To summarise, when authorising a new device, please make sure you:
- Log in on the new device,
- Access email on the new device,
- Stay on the same network on the new device
- Use the same browser on the new device
- Once you log in via a new device/network using the VALR App, an email will be sent to your registered email to authorise the device.
- Click on the "Open Email" button which will then redirect you to the mailing app you select.
- Click on the "Authorise this device" button in the email received and it should redirect you back to the VALR app.
- If after clicking on the "Authorise this device" it does not redirect you to the VALR App and instead opens the browser, you can change the settings of your device to allow VALR to open supported links.
- Go to your Mobile device Settings --> Applications --> Search for VALR App --> Click on Open by Default or Set to Default option --> Enable "Open Supported links".
- Restart your VALR App and try again to Authorise, and it shall be successful.
Important: if you receive a device authorisation email from any email address other than firstname.lastname@example.org or at any time that you don't expect, don't click on the link, delete the email and send us a ticket.